Friday, February 18, 2011

Are You Prepared?

I live in an area of the country where the weather has been somewhat volatile. One minute the sun can be shinning and the next, you would think someone reached up into the sky and turned off the sun. The wind blows and then without notice there is an eerie calm that comes over the land. This last week has been crazy. I have learned the art of dressing in layers. I can now go from being dressed for a winter storm to a nice spring afternoon in less than 30 seconds. This last Tuesday was no different. I was on my way to work, and as I was driving down a stretch of road the sun was out and I had just thought to myself..."what a beautiful day this is. Thank you Lord for such a glorious day." I turned the corner and there it was. A cloud that threatened both my mood and my environment. I could see as it quickly approached that it would show me, or anyone in it's path for that matter, no mercy. I could see the rain that fell in sheaths just about 500 ft. in my future. I was headed in it's direction and it was headed in mine. I quickly started to adjust to what my future held. I looked around my car to see if I had prepared for such a possibility. Yes...there was my umbrella! Ok now I could relax just a bit. I got to the office and it was raining so hard that the rain did not immediately soak into the ground, but rather danced on top of it for a bit before succumbing to gravity. I started to unload my car of things I would need for the day. It was on about my third trip up the front porch stairs that God began to speak to my spirit. "Are you soaked yet?" he asked. "No," I replied, "what kind of question is that?" "I was just wondering. It is raining pretty hard," He said. At this point I was back on the stairs descending this time out into the middle of this massive pour. I looked up and asked "Are you kidding me? You send rain this hard and ask me if I am getting wet. Then you tell me it is raining hard. I know I am standing in the middle of it." I wasn't being disrespectful. I was trying to get every bit of what he was trying to tell me. "Why aren't you soaked?" He asked. This is where I just came out and asked, "Lord what is it you want me to know? My brain is not on it this morning and I just need for you to speak CLEARLY to me." So He did. "This rain pattern resembles life, don't you think? It comes and goes. Sometimes with a warning. Sometimes in a sudden burst. When you could see it coming, Kim, you looked for your umbrella. That is your protection from the rain. My Word says that my love is like a banner over you. Most people think a banner is to announce your coming, but in this case the banner is to announce My protection. It is also as David said "But let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love Your name may rejoice in You." (Psalm 5:11) So you see while it is that I protect you from getting drenched by life, I do allow you to get a little wet. I want people to want Me like they want an umbrella in the midst of a rain storm, which is at times why I let storms come." I was starting to see how this all made sense. There was one more concept however, that He shared with me. That was this...I have to be prepared for the rain. If I had not had the umbrella in my car I would have been soaked. Not to the point of drowning, but still wet clean through. It was because I carried the umbrella that I was able to open it to its' full capacity for my protection. The living Word of God is the same way. It is not wise of us to go looking for it only when it is raining. Although we may find what we need, it is better to be prepared. To know without a doubt that the protection that God has promised is on the journey with you. I believe the best way to do this is to do just as Scripture has instructed. Oh dear ones, we have to learn to hide it in our hearts. To ponder it as Mary did at the birth of Christ. We have to learn that it is not just for our protection, but it is also for our well being. I love it when God speaks to me in very simple, real ways. He is so much more than just a protector. I am not sure how today finds you. Maybe you are discouraged or tired. Maybe you are worried or anxious. It could be that you are fighting sickness physically or that you are depressed. Can I tell you, that I know without a doubt that Jesus is the answer to all of life's issues. The trouble is that most of the time we don't want to wait for Him to act. We want immediate results even though we haven't always given Him our immediate attention. If you will allow me I would like to pray for you. Oh, I know what you are saying, "How are you going to pray for me over the Internet. You don't even know what I need." That's the beauty of it. I don't need to know because I am not the one who is going to give you what you need. He knows. I am only releasing His power and I will do it in any way He allows me.


Father, right now in Jesus name I ask that the brother or sister sitting on the other side of this screen feels your mighty presence. That Lord they might be coming to you looking for answers and solutions, but instead Lord I ask that they find You. One who not only created them but One who also sustains them. Jesus we ask for healing where healing is needed. We ask that you take every care and every worry. That the burden of the oncoming storm is lifted from this dear one's shoulder. Lord only you know who will even read this far and who will allow Your power to take control even now. We ask Lord that you help us to see just a glimpse of Your glory. Thank you Lord that we can be prepared even before the rain starts. That we might know Father of Your faithfulness. We ask this in Jesus' mighty name....Amen


Please my friends...pick up the protection that is available to you. Do not walk in the rain complaining that you are getting soaked for your protection is only an arms length away.


Blessed to be His,
Kim T.



No comments: