Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why Would We Live Any Other Way?

Resting easy in the arms of Jesus
I woke up this morning with a heavy chest.  Ok well my actual chest isn't any heavier than it was yesterday, at least I hope it's not, but it sure feels like it.  Between the bad air, the dry cold, my age, and being asthmatic, my breathing is a bit labored.  I have heard of people who feel like an elephant is sitting on their chest.  Well mine is not quit that bad.  I think I am only at a small rhino.  Regardless I realize it is not the pressure from the outside that is making me feel this way.  It is without a doubt what is happening on the inside of my body that is constricting my air flow.  As I sat in my quiet time this morning I realized that many times when I am struggling spiritually; when for whatever reason I just can't seem to move closer to the One I love, it is not what is going on in the "outside" of my life, but is in fact what is taking place on the inside that keeps me at a distance from Him.  The amazing part is that Jesus is always willing to take what is going on inside if I am willing to give it up.  Not only does He take it but He fills me with peace where worry once was, or joy where guilt use to stand.  Sometimes it is with courage where fear once resided.  Regardless He is always willing to take what I am offering.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.  He never just leaves that place void though.  In exchange He gives.  Not according to my need but according to His riches.  Which means I can always expect to receive much than what I gave up.  Philippians 4:6-7 says it this way...
 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Then a little further down in that same chapter it tells us in what abundance all will be offered...
19And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.(emphasis mine)


I think I will remind myself of that through out the day...according to His glorious riches!


Blessed to be His,
Kim

No comments: